02 March 2007

(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais

First off, let me explain for those who don't know, that the title is a song by The Clash...

Anyway, this afternoon as I was strolling up Shepherd's Bush Road to the Hammersmith Library there was a boisterous gathering of indie rock fans and photographers outside the Hammersmith Palais, all awaiting the arrival of interesting young rock types for the 2007 NME Awards, which is apparently 'the ultimate rock'n'roll bash'. Not for me though, poor be-suited jobseeker... which is a great pity now I know Lauren Laverne (formerly of indie band Kenickie) is hosting. I like her...

But while I didn't have time to loiter in the hope of spotting some snotty young rock legends in the making, I did snap a few pics of the scene as I passed by - the paparazzi were hollering at anyone entering the venue in a rather undignified fashion: 'Oi! Turn right! No, right! RIGHT, I said!!'.



No comments: