11 February 2013

By the dawn's early light

As soon as I pulled back the curtains today I knew I just had to make a dash for the camera. Here's a few photographs of this morning's brilliant cloud-light in Wellington, as seen at 6.55am from Highbury looking eastwards towards the Rimutaka Range past Eastbourne. I think the peak pictured is Mt Matthews (941m), the highest point of the range, which sweeps northwards as far as State Highway 2 and separates Wellington region from the Wairarapa. (Click photos to enlarge).





See also:
Photos: Mt Kaukau, 6 February 2013
Video: It's called Highbury for a reason, 12 January 2013
Photos: A certain slant of sunlight, 14 September 2012

2 comments:

deeknow said...

wow, stunning, I'm sure you were (stunned that is :)

JocastaW said...

Beautiful! I saw it too as I am lucky to have a kitchen window facing the range - and it looks even better in your photos. Great stuff.